Sunday, June 21, 2009

"Fathers Are So Special...

With a Very Special Love.
They watch us and protect us.
They guide us and direct us
Back to our home above."

This is my first father's day without my dad. It's been strange, but really no more difficult than any other day. I did feel the need to pay tribute to him, though. I miss my dad a lot. It has been almost 10 months since his passing and I still find myself wanting to call him, creating a pain in my heart when I realize that I can't. I wish I could talk with him, counsel with him, laugh with him. My dad was a wonderful man. His unconditional love served as an example to me of how our Heavenly Father feels about all of His children. I am grateful he was a part of my life, however short a time.







I love you, Dad.

2 comments:

  1. I love the picture of Dad holding both you and Eric. He still had brown hair! Sometimes I forget that he didn't always have that great silver head of hair. I think I will always miss having him to counsel with, talk with and laugh with. What a guy! 'Til we meet again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tribute Molly. I remember my first Father's Day without my dad. I miss mine too. Hang in there dear girl!

    ReplyDelete