Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Congratulations, it's Twins!

Twin puppies, that is! How many of you thought I was pregnant? Come on, be honest… You guys! I’m not even married! Shame on you.

So, my sister and her family have three miniature dachshunds (2 girls: Izzie and Mabel. 1 boy: Rico. As in Rico Suave, because well...he has impregnated both girls). Mabel had puppies 7 weeks ago and we were able to take them home yesterday.

We were promised the little girl from the beginning, but it took some coercing to get my brother-in-law to give up the boy. I'm glad he finally gave in! These puppies are SO cute! So cute, in fact, that whenever I see them I can't help but speak in a voice that is several octaves higher than my normal voice.

We named both puppies in honor of my dad who passed away in 2008. The girl (the fluffy one who is white with a brown face and brown on her back) is named Harley. My dad always wanted a Harley Davidson motorcycle. The boy (the beige one with tan ears and a tan spot on one eye) is named Dallas. My dad grew up in Dallas, Texas.

*I realize I did not have to describe the second puppy once I had already described the first, but I wanted to draw attention to Dallas's adorable ears and eye patch.





11 comments:

  1. This all brings back memories of when I brought my first set of twins home. You and Eric cried for attention also. I promise that I never left you in a kennel together in the kitchen for the night. You did share a crib for several months and no matter how often you were each placed at opposite ends of the crib, I would return and find you snuggled up together just like Dallas and Harley! Ahh, twins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I waaaant to believe what was posted by "KC", I have to say I'm not sure I believe that you and Eric were never "left in a kennel together in the kitchen for the night." I could totally see that happening :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. To A Wiley Comet: I'll have to admit that the first six months of having twins in the house can be a little blurry at times, but I'm almost positive I never left them in a kennel in the kitchen over night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh they are so cute! We have a short haired mini dachshund at home and he is my favorite dog ever, they are so sweet and loving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK I've been wanting a puppy since we've moved out here to have a little friend and this is just pushing me over the edge...they are SO cute! So adorable. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're so adorably cute! It makes me want a puppy. I like when they're all small and stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. One child is hard enough let a lone two?? They are cute, I will have to admit! How are you doing w/o sexy rexy around? ttyl

    ReplyDelete
  8. They have gotten so big Molly. They are both absolutely adorable! I wish that I had gotten over to Jill's to see them one more time before they left for their new home. It is great that you got to get both. They will be forever pals. Hey, check out Macy's blog from London. She left last Thursday for her semester abroad. Her link is on my blog. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Molly,
    It's your turn to update me on your life via a facebook message. Sounds like you have a few major things to tell me about. Get to it.
    Love,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete