Tonight I played Rummikub (occasionally pronounced rummy-cub at my house) with my sister, brother, and sister-in-law. We were all pretty tired. At one point we heard a steady beat being played against the table leg. We all thought it was someone else doing it (well, all of us except for the person doing it).
All of a sudden my brother starts moving to the beat. Think Native Americans dancing around a fire, perhaps with eagle masks on. That's what I pictured. We all started laughing, but it got even funnier when we realized Andrew wasn't the one playing the beat. I thought it was him and he thought it was me, but it was actually his wife, Allysa.
Andrew had this great idea to video tape us as if we were just playing the game, then add the beat, then he would slowly start to dance and progress to bigger movements. (I already had my camera out to capture another of Andrew's dance moves to show him how awesome and unnatural his arms looked.) We did it like 10 times. Here's what we came up with:
That last dance move in the video is the reason I pulled my camera out in the first place.
So, I'm still laughing about the whole thing, but I realize it may not be funny to anyone else, especially if they A) don’t really know my family and/or B) aren't as tired as we were when it all went down.
In fact, it probably won't even be funny to me by the time I wake up tomorrow. What a shame.
Haha ya I could see that happening at a game night at your house. Andrew's a funny cat.
ReplyDeleteNo, Andrew's arms are hilarious. I can't really react. I was hoping for a little finger waving action.
ReplyDeleteNow I'm sorry I went to bed early. It looks like another laugh filled game night at the Fite's. Andrew's arms have always been a little out of control. ;)
ReplyDeleteI'm just glad to hear that I'm not the only one that pronounces it Rummi-cub.
ReplyDelete