Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What's up, Provo? Did you miss me?

Last weekend I spent my time in good ol' Provo, Utah. I thought I was rid of that place, but not so. To those of you who have left Provo: Do you find it has a way of drawing you back in, for one reason or another?

Wanna know my reason? 2 words: Rex. Biberston.

OK, let me break it down. I lived in Provo for 5 years, attending BYU and working. Last summer I started to feel that I had outgrown Provo and that it was time for me to move on. Move on to where? Well, back to my family's house, of course! Only, by that time my family had moved from southern California (where I grew up) to central California. In October we ended up in the city of Fresno and that's where I met Rex Biberston.

Rex had just come home from his mission during the summer. He was originally supposed to come home in January, but came home early due to knee problems. He'd gone to BYU before his mission and his plan was to return fall of 09. Complications arose and he was not able to go back when he wanted to. Good news: that gave us a chance to meet and start dating. Bad news: he was still planning on going to BYU for winter semester.

So, there you have it. I tried the whole dating thing in Provo, and felt I needed a change of scenery (I didn't move home JUST to find new dating prospects, but it was part of the reason). I found someone who is more compatible with me than I could have ever hoped, and he ran off to Provo. In the words of Alanis Morissette: "Isn't it ironic?"

ANYWAY... I had a wonderful weekend in Provo. I spent every waking minute with Rex and I got to see some good friends. A special thanks to Katie and Ethan for letting me crash on their couch and for letting us win at Cranium. ;)


10 comments:

  1. Aw look at us. haha. I'm a big fan of this post. And a fan of you being in Provo, though admittedly neither one of us wants to live here. We'll get out soon enough. I just have to take 20 credits every semester for the next year. Easy :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Confession: I moved to AZ strictly for a different dating pool. It worked. So glad your move worked for you too. He sounds like a really great guy, I'm loving these updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm only about 99% sad you didn't tell me you were in P-town. I thought he was at BYU-I? anyway... i'm about 1% offended, and i wish i would have known!!! sad day. well, i do understand that you were busy with rex... but i'm still jealous of him getting to spend every waking moment with you. I would have liked to meet him too. =] well, maybe next time. :) love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, that moved turned out to be a win win situation for everyone involved. You got to meet Rex and fall in love and your family got to spend time with you after being denied so much time over the last 5 years! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah, tell Rex that 20 units a semester doesn't seem like too much for someone as smart as him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute pictures! I'm so glad you got to go to Provo and spend time with him. Hopefully it ties you over until the next time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Provo will always have a special place in my heart even though I was completely ready to leave when I did. PS your gray shirt with the flower on it, does it also have an owl on it?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow molly, you know I sometimes feel drawn back to Provo too, and now I know why. Rex.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hear from Jill that he is a great guy...so happy for you Molly!

    ReplyDelete