It is a post of wonder regarding the Christmas spirit in retail stores.
Remember the days when everyone you purchased something from after Thanksgiving and before December 25 would say "Merry Christmas" or at least "Have a great holiday"? Apparently in Provo, UT those days are gone. Or people think I hate the holidays.
Since Thanksgiving I have purchased several items in stores throughout Provo, and not once has someone wished me a Merry Christmas. In fact, the other night at Macey's, the checker wished the woman ahead of me and Molly a Merry Christmas and said nothing to us.
This forces me to wonder:
Am I the Grinch?
Do people look at me and say, "Geeze, this guy must hate Christmas" ?
Am I suddenly responsible for initiating the season's greeetings with everyone?
Perhaps you all have had similar experiences. Or maybe you can explain why Christmas is dead around me. I love Christmas and I want to hear a kind wish from my grocer, from my banker, and from my professors.
Feel free to respond with any similar or dissimilar encounters. Everybody loves a good story.
And MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!
Merry Christmas, Rex! :D
ReplyDeleteAs far as professors go, it's because you aren't in art history. The art history professors are the best; they wish me a Merry Christmas. You are in the wrong field.
ReplyDeleteIn all fairness, my English 251 teacher said "Have a good break." I hope she was referring to the period of time between semesters and not something she hopes to have happen to me.
ReplyDeleteHow about from your mother-in-law? Merry Christmas Rex. Glad you two made it home for the holidays.
ReplyDelete