I have enough homework to feed a small rhinoceros including, but not limited to, about a hundred pages of reading per week. On the way to Ogden Molly read aloud one of the short stories I had to have read by Monday. It's a Flannery O'Connor work called "Good Country People" and Molly sure put on a good country accent for the reading. In case you don't get a chance to read this story, it's basically about an atheist girl who gets hoodwinked by a supposedly Christian boy; not really ideal pre-temple material, but hardly anything in the modern or post-modern genres would qualify for that.
Finally we arrived in Ogden at the Provo temple. Wait, what? Yes. Compare the two pictures. Try to figure out which temple is which. They are essentially identical twins.
These pictures were inserted by Molly because I am html stupid when it comes to Blogger's image services. I can't get things to go in the right places or be the right sizes. I leave that stuff to the true brains behind the blog.
Anyway, we are one step closer to having visited every temple in Utah. If you like what we're doing and want to see more of it, feel free to donate to the Rex and Molly Traveling Fund. It's a charity we've started to help poor Rexs and Mollys raise money to leave Provo at least once a month. Do it for the children.
It's almost time for bed now, so I'll sign off. Write a comment so we know you care! We're your biggest fans!


The top one is Provo. I'm sure of it. Love it! Sounds like you guys are having a ball.
ReplyDeleteHey Rex, I've never met you but from your posts I think you're hilarious and am so happy Molly found you. You two seem perfect for each other. What a fun goal to have. Do you guys pack a lunch for these temple excursions? If so I like to imagine that the pictures you draw on the bags are of each temple. :)
ReplyDeleteI'd like to donate to the Rexs and Mollys fund!
ReplyDeleteBut, wait...your money is my money, so that wouldn't really work...
You said do it for the children. Does that mean you have children?
ReplyDeleteI'll contribute to the Rexs and Mollys fund. Where do I send the donation? My guess on which is which is the top is Provo because of the mountains so close in the background but since I've never been to Ogden I could be totally wrong (wouldn't be the first time). Love the fact that the two of you are visiting all the temples in Utah. What a great opportunity before you move back to the "greatest state in the union". I'm thinking that if you got a small rhinoceros it might help with the homework situation. I do know how much fun it is to listen to Molly read. Several summers ago she read a lot of Harry Potter to me while driving in California and Washington. Love the English accent!
ReplyDeleteI can only tell the difference between the temples because of the mountains in the background. Good thing you made it in time! Wouldn't that be a bummer to say we went to every temple in Utah except Ogden? :) Ben and I love reading in the car together. The only problem is that I get really car sick if I read, so I have to drive and he reads. Then the problem with that is that I get sleepy too fast. So, I guess we like the idea of reading in the car, but we usually don't get much read.
ReplyDeleteI loved the sales pitch at the end haha. What a great goal you guys have!
ReplyDelete