After we sat down and got our menus, my sister-in-law Allysa called. We are going on a cruise with my family (feel free to be jealous) and Allysa had some info for us regarding our upcoming trip. Our waitress came over to our table and asked if we were ready with our drink orders. Rex told her we weren't, and she just stood there awkwardly. She didn't walk away until Rex told her we'd need a minute. (This is all while I'm still on the phone, mind you.)
When we were ready to order, our waitress asked us to repeat our orders to her several times. She is Hispanic and definitely speaks Spanish. (I'm not making a racial stereotype; I heard her speaking in Spanish to her coworker.) So, what I'm saying is she should have been familiar with the names of these Mexican dishes. It seemed like she had never looked at the menu before.
Finally she asked each of us to point out what we wanted on the menu and show her. I ordered a chimichanga and asked her what meat was available. She said, "I think beef...and something else. Do you want me to go ask them?" Um...I'm sorry, what? You do work here, right?
The restaurant is set up very poorly, so we didn't know if we were supposed to wait for our check, or go up to the counter to pay. The couple behind us (who got there after we did) had their check on the table. But, since we hadn't seen any employees for a good 10 minutes, we decided to go up to the counter and ring their little bell.
Our total came to $18.85. We had a $16 Groupon. Our waitress pulled out a calculator to figure out how much we owed her. Then, in Spanish, she told her coworker our total. Her coworker said, in English, "Tell them."
Needless to say, we won't be eating here again, Groupon or not. In other news: We saw "The Adventures of Tintin" tonight. It was pretty cute!
Yeah, TinTin>Coyote's by far. See how much fun math can be?
ReplyDeleteIt's a good thing we have a blog to vent our frustrations. Next time we'll go somewhere we've heard is good or know is good. ;)
Well, at least now I know to avoid Coyote's! Sorry to hear it wasn't a great experience though.
ReplyDeleteHaha i love this story. I could just hear you saying this. Especially this part, "Um...I'm sorry, what? You do work here, right?" Derek and i will have to know not to go there. I found the best Mexican place in park city if that helps. ha It's called Loco Lizard. Best chimichanga of my life. Just saying. So excuse me...i want to hear more about the cruise. Ready...go!
ReplyDeleteThat little waitress is priceless. Makes me think of my mission, and I bust up laughing every time.
ReplyDelete