Monday, February 13, 2012

Tender Mercies

A couple of weeks ago, Rex drove our Ford Taurus to school and accidentally left the lights on. (I guess people don't usually do that on purpose...)

When Rex came back to the car 6 hours later, the battery was dead. Rex's boss jump started the car and it seemed to be working just fine after that. A couple of days later, however, it wouldn't start.

We took the battery to Big O Tires and they said it was holding a charge, so we didn't know why the car wouldn't start. (Our automobile knowledge does not extend very far.) We didn't eagerly pursue a solution because 1 - We were nervous about how much it would cost to fix the unknown problem and 2 - We have a second car so we weren't in dire straits.

Anyway, today we finally decided to put the battery back in the Taurus and see if by some miracle we could get it to start. While we were fiddling around, the maintenance guy at our apartment complex "just happened" to be walking by. He kindly stopped to help us out. He cleaned the do-dads that connect the battery to the car. (I'm not even going to pretend that I know what I'm talking about.) Rex turned the key in the ignition and...Voila! It started!

We had planned on putting the battery back in the car a little earlier in the day, but we decided to start our laundry instead. If we hadn't gone outside when we did, we probably would not have run into the maintenance guy. We have been praying that we could figure out what to do with the car and today our prayer was answered. It's amazing how the Lord works. :)

6 comments:

  1. True dat. True dat.
    We literally could not have timed that better. I'm sure glad to have Ros back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well that's good that it's working again! i don't know anything about cars either or the names for things. Heavenly Father sure knows how to time things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings for deserving people. It's those little things that remind us how much we are loved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really cool. BTW they are called terminals....battery terminals:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you recognize the tender mercies in your life. So many forget to count all of those when they look at the blessings in their lives. Glad Ros is back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for Valentine miracles! ;-* I'm really glad everything's working!

    ReplyDelete