Friday, April 13, 2012

I Love to See the Temple...

We did it! We have officially been inside all of the (currently operating) temples in Utah! And not at all too soon considering we are moving back to California at the end of May. Here is our temple timeline since we've been married:

2010
September: Provo
October: Draper
November: Provo
December: Salt Lake

2011
January: Mt. Timpanogos
February: Jordan River
March: Ogden
April: Provo
May: Bountiful and Oquirrh Mountain
June: St. George
July: Draper
August: Provo
September: Manti
October: Oquirrh Mountain
November: Las Vegas (I realize this one is not in Utah. We met my family in Vegas over Thanksgiving break.)
December: Fresno (We went home for Christmas.)

2012
January: Provo
February: Monticello
March: Logan
April: Vernal

In case you lost count, that's 13 temples in Utah, 1 temple in California, and 1 temple in Nevada. Boo yah!

It's been really fun to see all these different temples, each beautiful in its own way. The Spirit felt on the grounds of these amazing structures reflects the sacred ordinances that take place inside. I encourage everyone to visit a temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints if given the opportunity. Click here if you'd like to learn more!

9 comments:

  1. And it didn't hurt that we love road trips. I had so much fun seeing the temples with you!
    -Rex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite commendable. What a great monthly activity for you two. Not a bad missionary moment either. Proud of you two. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! now just visit ALL the temples, not just in Utah. haha. my turn to go to the temple :)
    -Haley

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome! Next stop Hawaii temple? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really cool! You two are pretty awesome. Will you have a similar California temple goal?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrea, I like your idea! ;)

    Caroline, we are definitely planning on going to all the temples in California! This goal will be easier since there are fewer temples and we won't have any kind of time constraints.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really are an inspiration! I've lived here for so much of my life and have only been to a handful of the Temples. I've loved tagging along with you guys to some of the different ones :) Don't leave!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go you two! I especially love the photo collage. Does that mean you're going to now hit up all the CA temples?

    ReplyDelete