Last weekend, my mom, Haley, and I were able to make a trip back "home." Haley needed to get temple clothing and there aren't any distribution centers close to us. Since a friend from our old ward was having a wedding open house, we figured we might as well go to the distribution center in Upland (next door to Rancho) and attend the open house in the same shot. The last time I was in Alta Loma was before I got married, so I was eager to visit.
After getting all Haley needed for her first time going through the temple, we made a stop at Legends, a local burger joint. We shared a large order of fries and ranch dressing. Best. Fries. Ever.
Before heading off to the open house, I met up with my good friend from high school, Bryan Lopez. I think he is the only person from high school that I am still friends with (more than just facebook friends, I should say). It was nice to catch up with him!
(Side Note: It's pictures like this that make me wish I could wear a sign that says, "I'm not just getting fat for the heck of it, I'm pregnant." I'm in that awkward "I-don't-have-a-baby-belly-yet-but-I'm-getting-heavier" stage.)
We saw tons of old friends at the open house. It was fun to see how everyone is doing and to be around people that have known our family for a long time. No one in Fresno knew my dad, but everyone in Alta Loma did. It's nice to be around people who loved him, too.
We only stayed in Alta Loma for one night, but before heading back to Fresno the next morning we had to hit up Terry's. We enjoyed an awesome breakfast before getting on the road. Hopefully there will not be such a long hiatus before I am back again!
How fun! I'm glad you got to go and have a nice trip to your old stomping grounds. One day I'll take you to San Diego and you can take me to Alta Loma. And then one day we can take our kids (for a brief stay, not to move) to Utah to show them where we first started our marriage.
ReplyDeleteYeah, you heard I had just gotten in town and then blitzed. I see how it is.
ReplyDeleteSounds like such a fun trip. Isn't that awkward stage just the best? You are looking great still though. Can't wait to see that baby belly grow!
ReplyDelete