Matthew 2:11
"And when they came into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, frankincense, and myrrh."
My favorite part about this video is when the children talk about what gifts they would give Jesus. This Christmas, Rex and I have decided to give Jesus the gift of not being negative and finding the good in all situations. Focusing on this gift has helped us remember the true meaning of Christmas.
I encourage everyone to give something to Jesus this year, whether it is giving up a sin or resolving to be better in some way. Christ does not want or need material possessions. He wants us to do all we can to live our lives according to His teachings.
By giving of our will we "are giving Him the only thing [we] can actually give Him that is really [ours] to give." - Neal A. Maxwell
True that. I like that you can tell the kids are being sincere when they say what they would give to Jesus. Makes you want to be more childlike.
ReplyDeleteLove this idea! Have shared it with several including my seminary students. Working on my own gift and being fairly successful with it.
ReplyDeletePerfect! There is something we can all do to give back. For me it is service. I need to be better about my visiting teaching and Temple work.
ReplyDeleteI love this! That's such a great idea to "give" something to Jesus for Christmas.
ReplyDelete