Monday, March 11, 2013

Time Out For Women


This past weekend I went to a conference with my mom and sister called "Time Out For Women." It is an LDS event for women where they have speakers and musical performers. The theme for the conference was "Higher: Think Higher, Believe Higher, Live Higher." The scripture that went with the theme was Isaiah 55:9 which says:

"For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."

All of the presenters did a great job of sharing messages that inspired us to live our lives the way Heavenly Father would want us to. Here are a few little gems that I took away from the conference:
  • I'm not dead yet, so that means my mission on earth isn't over. I still have the opportunity to help others and to be an instrument in God's hands.
  • God needs me to use the gifts He's given me; that's why He gave them!
  • I need to figure out how I want to live my life and start living it NOW. Life is short, so I need to stop waiting and start doing.
  • One of the speakers shared a quote from a talk by President Thomas S. Monson that I love: "Don't save something only for a special occasion. Everyday in your life is a special occasion."
Our lives truly are special occasions and everyday is a blessing. I'm grateful I had the chance to be spiritually rejuvenated this weekend and I definitely recommend this event to all!

If you want to learn more about Time Out For Women, click here! On the website you will find monthly challenges that will help you to elevate your life.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like I missed one heck of a weekend! Next year though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a weekend NOT to miss. What a great way to spend 2 days. Next time we need to spend the night on Friday. Driving back and forth cut into sleep time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to this event but they made me listen from outside the front door. Sad day.

    ReplyDelete