Alice Jane Biberston was born on March 24, 2013 at 7:58am. She weighed 8 pounds, 12 ounces and was 21 1/4 inches long. Big baby!
I was in labor for 23 hours and it took me 2 hours and 15 minutes of pushing to get her out. The entire labor was a breeze up until about the last half hour of pushing. I wanted to die. The nurses in the room kept saying, "Just a couple more pushes!" Yeah, right. I finally told them to stop lying to me.
When she decided to make her entrance, I was so overcome with emotion. I couldn't stop crying. Sometimes I still can't believe I get to be her mom. Heavenly Father has blessed us with such a precious gift and we couldn't be more grateful! Of course we're tired and we get overwhelmed and frustrated sometimes, but we are also happier than we have ever been.
I've already put most of these pictures on facebook, but they're so darn cute, I figured no one would mind looking at them again.
{1 Day Old}
I was pretty surprised to see a full head of brown hair! I kept envisioning a blonde baby. It's funny to think that just a few weeks ago we didn't know what she would look like.
{12 Days Old}
Rex's sister, Candace took these awesome pictures. Alice is the first grandchild and niece on Rex's side. She's the 11th grandchild and 6th niece on my side.


Congratulations! She is SO cute! Those are some beautiful photos too, you all look so good together.
ReplyDeleteYay! She's perfect! I love the family picture!
ReplyDeleteI love reading about your experience. Alice is adorable! I'm sure we haven't had the exact same experiences as each other, but I can definitely relate to being overwhelmed and getting a bit frustrated. Hang in there, because it does get easier, but these very newborn moments are so tender and special so take lots of pictures and soak up all the personality of Alice. I can't wait to meet her!
ReplyDeleteI love all the pictures! What a cutie! Remember to keep taking it easy and enjoy the moment. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteHooray for cute babies!!! She can be tough to put to sleep but she is our angel :)
ReplyDelete