Sunday, May 5, 2013

Texcapades, Part 1: Settling In

Howdy, y'all! Rex, Alice, and I have been living in Texas for a week now and we are loving our adventure! It took us 3 days of driving to get out here. It sounds horrendous, but we actually had a good time. Rex and I have always enjoyed road trips together and Alice slept most of the way, so it wasn't hard to travel with her. It was a little tricky figuring out where I could nurse her since we are new at the whole breastfeeding thing and since I'm pretty darn modest, but we worked it out!
I took these at a Burger King that we stopped at along the way. How cute is she?!

Until the end of August, we will be calling Euless, Texas home. Rex sells security systems for a company called North Star. He works Monday-Saturday, 11am-10pm (ish). The schedule is kinda rough, but we're getting used to it. 

Alice and I spend our days reading, eating, sleeping, cleaning, etc. Man, am I glad that she's here with me! I didn't know a newborn could provide so much company, but she does! Rex's friend, Jeff works for North Star and he is here with his wife and baby, Katie and Nolan. Alice and I have hung out with them a couple of times. It's nice to have another mom around!

I really like the apartment complex we live in. We got a 1-bedroom apartment, but in a lot of ways it feels more spacious than our 2-bedroom in Fresno. That could be due to the high ceilings, or it could be because we have a queen size bed here, so the bedroom seems enormous. Either way, it's a nice feeling. 


We have a big walk-in closet through our bathroom.

Our California King size bedding doesn't fit too well on our tiny bed. Neither do we... :-\

The walls are so bare! We were limited on how much we could pack, so we didn't bring any wall decor. I might have to get some pictures and frames or something, though, so I don't go crazy looking at these blank walls everyday!

Euless is about 30 minutes west of Dallas. Today we went for a drive to see the Dallas temple. It was a beautiful day! At least the nasty humidity hasn't hit us full force yet! *Fingers crossed*

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to Texas! We live in San Antonio- if you find you want to come check out the Alamo, River Walk, or Sea World we'd love to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute place! Too bad you couldn't bring more clothes to enjoy that walk in closet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Road trips are the best! Biberston Family Road Trips for life!

    The humidity has been so mild lately. I am scared of how it will be haha. Good thing we have like...unlimited AC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Texas! Just wish it wasn't quite so far away. I can think of one Texan that stole my heart! The people always seemed to be so friendly when we visited.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alice is SO cute! I'm glad everything is going well for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete