Sunday, July 13, 2014

Life is Pleasant in Pleasant Grove

We've been in our apartment in Pleasant Grove, Utah for 2 whole weeks now. I'm pretty pleased with the amount of progress we've made. We aren't done yet, but it's looking pretty good, if I do say so myself. :) I'm so glad Rex didn't have to start work until the 7th so that we could work together that first week to make our new place "home."

Here are some before and after pics:






Special thanks to Grandpa Biberston for driving a U-Haul full of our crap from California to Utah!

So far we are loving it here! We have lots of friends nearby and many of them helped with unpacking our belongings, providing dinners, and even letting us use their shower when we had a mishap with our hot water. Rex started his job on Monday and he loves it! This past week Alice and I had fun visiting 3 different libraries, a few parks, and, of course, all the Targets that are close to us. 

We miss our families but we know we made the right choice in moving here. In the past I have done my fair share of complaining about Utah, and I never thought I'd end up living here, but I'm really so happy to be here. It's beautiful and there are so many family friendly things to do. We don't know what the future will bring, but we know if we ended up staying here for good, we'd be happy. And if any of you were thinking of visiting Utah, know you have a place to stay! We'd love to see you. :)   

4 comments:

  1. Hooray for our new home and all the fun to come :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We JUST bought that same shower curtain! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! It looks like a lot of space. Did you get new pillows with your new couches?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Your place looks great. I'm personally very happy you moved here!

    ReplyDelete