Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Buggies!

Ok, so I hate to be a stereotypical female here, but I can’t stand bugs! Just the sight of them makes my skin crawl. I recently moved to the little town of Coalinga and I’m pretty sure the cricket population surpasses that of humans by quite a bit.

I found one such specimen in my mom’s bedroom this evening. And what did I do when I saw the creature that is about 1/1000 of my size? Of course I backed away and started screaming hysterically. It’s as if I think the thing is going to go from this...



To this...



To this..



all in the amount of time it would take me to stick my leg out and squash the little spawn of Satan.

I'm happy to report it did not turn into the alien from "Men in Black" and I was able to kill it with a flip flop, lots of smooshing, and some Raid.

4 comments:

  1. I'd like to offer you a little commiseration here. I was opening the door to my sister's building the other night and as I was shuffling bag, keys and door I noticed something large. I looked down and a bullfrog bigger than my fist jumped next to my foot. I let out this awful loud noise and was paralyzed with fear. My sister said she thought I'd fallen down the stairs or something!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Hero! I didn't even mind contributing my flip flops to help with the extermination process. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, is that picture of the cricket in somebody's hand real? Because it will probably give me nightmares! Thank you for the imagery of you screaming hysterically away from this bug...I laughed, but know I would've been scared, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you commented on my blog! I'm putting you on my blog roll. :) We just moved to Nashville and they have cockroaches here. Oh... my... gosh. Terrible memories of cockroaches from my mission are just flooding back. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete