Friday, November 20, 2009

It's Been A Good 23 Years

Meet my twin brother, Eric. He is the coolest thing about me. You know when you meet people and they say, "Tell me something cool about yourself"? Well, I always say, "I'm a twin." People tend to think that's pretty cool, and so do I. It’s even cooler that my twin occasionally sports a Mohawk.

Before my mom got pregnant with us, she had a miscarriage and it was a baby girl. When my parents found out they were having twins, they felt that their girl was coming back to them. It’s always been a little joke in my family that I had to go back to get Eric, because he was distracted and missed the boat. All jokes aside, I know we were meant to come to earth together.

 
Posted by Picasa


Here are some reasons why Eric is pretty awesome:

1. He is hilarious. Quite often he can get me to crack up just by looking at me.
2. He's a great listener. He will listen to me ramble on and on about my girl problems, no matter how petty they are.
3. He doesn't judge others. He makes it a point to get to know people before he forms an opinion.
4. He's smart. Much smarter than me, but don't tell him I said so.
5. He's handy. I guess that goes along with him being smart because he can fix just about anything.
6. He's friendly. He has the quality of making people feel comfortable and at ease.
7. He's compassionate. No matter what kind of front he tries to put on, he's all mush on the inside. Don't tell him I said that, either.
8. He would run away and join the circus if he could. Well, Cirque du Soleil, to be exact.
9. He's loyal. He will (threaten to) beat up any guy who breaks his sisters’ hearts. So, watch out.
10. He's resilient. No matter what crap he goes through, and he’s had his fair share, he always seems to bounce back.

Happy birthday, Eric! I love you!

7 comments:

  1. Twenty-three years, I can hardly believe it! I still haven't figured out what I did to deserve a blessing like twins but whatever it was I'm glad I was entrusted with both of you at the same time. Happy Birthday, I love you both so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BOTH OF YOU!!! MOLLY. this is an awesome post. i am definitely one of those people who things being a twin is cool :) well, see you in a WEEK! and again, HAPPY FREAKING BIRTHDAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Eric. You sound at least as cool as Molly.

    So, Molly, this means that your birthday is coming up pretty soon, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me think Eric is such a cool guy even more than I already did; all I needed was the story that he would do the finger wave dance and say, "Molly dances like this."
    How sweet are you to do this post for him and it's your birthday, too! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOLLY! Eat some gummy European candy and throw those Euro pennies into a fountain and make wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOLLY! This is a really cute post. So...HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIC too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to you, Molly! And I had no idea you were a twin. :) I love all your wonderful remarks about him. Hope you both have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete