Friday, August 6, 2010

Numbers

0 more days of work. :)
1 more weekend as a single lady.
4 days til I go through the temple.
8 days til I become a wife.
10 days til I go on my first cruise.
2 1/2 weeks til I'm back in Utah, having left behind
2 super cute puppies and
3 fantastic roommates (Mom, Haley, and Eric) and traded them in for
1 best friend for eternity.

I'm excited and nervous, happy and sad. I hate big changes and this is the biggest of them all. Part of me wants things to stay the way they are forever. The other part of me (the bigger part) wants to progress and start my new life with the man I love. Sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy.

If you're married, how did you feel leading up to the big day? If you're not, can you relate to this feeling at all?

6 comments:

  1. Wow! It sounds like you're going through some of the same emotions I am. Happy, because you're doing what you always wanted to, sad, because you're leaving us and going back to Provo, nervous, because I don't want to run out of food at the reception and excited because we add one great guy to our extra special club called "family". I love you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not married but I think I can relate to a few of these feelings ; )
    I can't wait to be your husband! Can you believe that an eternal relationship began with a basketball game and utter date chaos? I never would've believed it if you had told me that's how I would find my wife. I couldn't be happier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soon you'll be married for a while and forget that you were for a time without your spouse. Happens to us quite often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so exciting! I remember being anxious because everyone was telling me how it was for them or how it should be or what to expect.... just ignore everyone, take it as it comes and enjoy it!

    Really, being married is great because it is so much more convenient than dating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Personally, I think it'd feel like being in a jar of pickles. That's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I felt just like you. But when the day finally came I wasn't nervous at all, which is odd for me, I was so calm and just plain happy. I remember kneeling across the altar from Andrew and nothing ever felt so right before in my life. And it was the greatest feeling in the world to know that I will always have someone with me to get through life. It's pretty amazing to be able to live with your best friend. So just enjoy this time, it only gets better! Congratulations Molly, I'm so happy for you!

    PS- I hope you know how much my Mom and Dad wish they could come to your wedding. I recently talked to them and they feel so bad they won't be able to come. But I guarentee you they will be thinking about you on your special day! ;)

    ReplyDelete