On Friday night we went to the MGM Grand hotel to see the Cirque du Soleil show "Ka." It is different from other Cirque du Soleil shows because it has more of a definite storyline. It is about royal twins (a boy and a girl) who are separated when enemies attack their kingdom. The shows goes through their different adventures and their reunion at the end. This was the 5th Cirque show I've seen, and it did not disappoint. Whenever I see these shows, I am in awe at the incredible things humans are capable of.



Me and my twin. :)
There are SO many awesome things in "Ka," including the best shadow puppet show I have ever seen. Here's a clip of how they made it happen. It will rock your world.
The shadow puppets were my favorite act in the show and my favorite twins were.....MINE! A very non-traditional Thanksgiving but I think we've probably had more of those over the years than traditional ones.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite part of the show was the ten minute space of time when the characters just stared at each other and walked around the stage.
ReplyDeleteOk no.
I love those pictures. It reminds me of how fun the trip was! I'm glad you and Eric got to see that show for your birthday(s).
Nice pictures, but I see I'm not in any of them, blah. I liked the acts from the show on the wall, pretty cool! loved seeing you guys! see you in a couple of weeks!
ReplyDeletepretty sure i want to go to this. is it super expensive? does the MGM always have it?? i really need to know. it's going on my 25 to do before i'm 25 list. =] i'm going to need info. can't wait to hang out with you guys again! adios.
ReplyDeleteI wish I were an Egyptian twin with amazing acrobatic/shadow puppeting skills. There's no way they'd be able to make a mummy out of me, because I'd be bouncing off the walls of the after life. Maybe I'll start wearing gold snake bangles and call it good. That, or construct my own little pyramid tombstone in a New Orleans cemetery like Nicholas Cage. Why didn't he build himself a shrine that resembled a cage? I think it would have been more personal. Then again, maybe he was afraid of raccoons getting inside his deathly box and eating him. So many things can go wrong when you put raccoons into the equation. That's why my pappi taught me how to shoot 'em. "Between the black and white lines" he'd say. My pappi was a local sheriff of a small town and his phrase caught on, we know it today as just "between the lines." Most people think it's about understanding literature or interpreting a particular vague message. It's not. It's about shooting raccoons. Do you think they had raccoons in Egypt?
ReplyDeleteI like your new banner photo thing with Christmas lights.
ReplyDeleteI like Vegas. It's fun. Take me along next time.