Sunday, November 7, 2010

Let there be Lunch

Before you get too far into this post, let me set the record straight: I, Rex, am writing this post. But this does not mean you shouldn't comment if you only know Molly. I'm cool too. So please comment once you've enjoyed the following:

As you may have experienced in your own lives, being young and married generally means not being too rich as to matters of finance. Since we have yet to become independently wealthy, Molly and I are choosing to take a sack lunch with us every day. We eat mostly the same things, fruit snacks, granola bars, sandwiches, you get the idea. It sounds pretty boring right? Well, it is until you know our secret.

What makes our lunches so great? We draw pictures on the bags! I draw on her bags and she draws on mine and we make a great event of revealing the final drawing to each other every night or morning (depending on when we make our lunches). It really is a fun little thing that we share. In an effort to share our creativity with you all, we have been photographing our lunch bags every day. Choose your favorite and comment about it. Or ask why we drew a certain design. Sometimes the explanations are hilarious. Here they are:


The bags I designed for Molly:

When she worked at the daycare, Molly would come home singing silly toddler songs, like this one.



This was inspired by Haley's and Zack's wood creations.



We had recently watched "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" and Molly commented that they made the dementors look like aliens.








The bags Molly designed for me:






This was inspired by Mallory's post which led us to watch all parts of Goosebumps "The Haunted Mask" on youtube.




7 comments:

  1. Yay for awesome lunch bags! I'm glad we got those colored markers cuz they make the bags even more awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! I'm impressed with the drawings. I can barely draw a stick figure. Molly, remember in American Heritage we would draw a starting design and then the other person would have to come up with a picture for it? Yah, mine were always so bad. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel special...inspiring your lunch bags with the activities that Zack and I do. haha! now you should draw one about movies, that's about me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you understand the bond you've created with me by drawing/appreciating the Haunted Mask in this way....made my night.

    Obviously you know my favorite. I also loved the hand outstretched introducing himself as Molly's lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, I love the new look for the blog and second I love all the looks for the lunch bags. One of my favorites didn't make it to the blog and that was the one with a ticket with the number 3 on it for Molly's last 3 days at KinderCare.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are absolutely adorable. <3 And I really love the toddler lunch bag ("I can raise my hands to the sky! To the sky!") and the hand-greeting bag. (Such a polite lunch bag.) Oh, and the T-Rex, of course. That is fantastically epic. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just too cute. I'm a little jealous. My husband about had a cow when I wanted to write his name on his lunch bag.

    ReplyDelete