Thursday, December 23, 2010

True Grit

At first I had no desire to see this movie, but after perusing the other horrible options currently in the theater ("Little Fockers" was tempting, but I wasn't in the mood), and doing a little research on Rotten Tomatoes (96% and of the critics liked "True Grit," as did 91% of the audiences) we decided to give it a try.

I've gotta say, I'm really glad we did. The acting was awesome, there was plenty of suspense, and I was surprised at how much I laughed throughout it. So, if you are looking for a good movie to see this Christmas break, I highly recommend "True Grit."


If you've got time, check out this super old trailer for the original "True Grit." It's pretty awesome.

6 comments:

  1. Oh man. I'm so glad it's better than the original...because if we had paid to see the John Wayne version I would have felt cheated.

    And I guess I should return the "Little Focker" t-shirt I bought you with an arrow pointing to the belly area? Christmas won't be so merry without it, I warn you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really brought back memories. I think my grandmother, who had a terribly crush on John Wayne, took me to all of his movies. True Grit was one that I remember quite clearly and the re-make didn't disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? You wouldn't want to see Robert Dinero and Ben Stiller in yet another drawn out sequel about the stress of in-law relationships? I'm not sure about that... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And this second comment is to make up for the comment I didn't write on your lunch bag post:

    I like your blog post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to go see "True Grit" then. I saw "Tron" yesterday with my dad and brothers. I thought it got kinda boring about half way through, but it was visually stunning. That's my movie review of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did I not hear about this movie? It looks AWESOME.

    Though the original has one of the best lines ever: "A little earlier I gave some thought to stealing a kiss from you. Although you ARE very young, and unattractive to boot."

    ReplyDelete