Friday, June 24, 2011

Fort Knox

When's the last time you made a fort?
We made one last night and had ourselves a little camp-out!

So, it's not a totally inclosed fort, but we did what we could with what we had to work with.

We munched on s'mores that we made by toasting marshmallows over candles while we watched the movie "The Graduate."
P.S. S'mores are pretty scrumptious when made with dark chocolate. And maybe even more scrumptious when made with marshmallows toasted over apple pie flavored candles. :)





I rented "The Graduate" from the library because I've heard it's a "classic." It's totally scandalous and only rated PG. Weird. So, the storyline is less than moral, but (not to "justify sin" or anything) the cinematography is amazing. That's probably why it's a classic. Right?

8 comments:

  1. I would feel comfortable living in the desert after building a tent like that. But it would have to be one with electricity so the fan would work. And all the ingredients for s'mores would have to be there. So maybe not.

    Anyway, that was an awesome activity. Nothing like camping out at home. You had a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fort looks great and who would have thought to do smores over a candle?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you would need the fan to blow the sand back out of your "sideless" tent if you were living in the desert. The whole idea of camping in your living room was inspired. No dirt, no bugs, no outhouses, that's the ideal way to camp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute idea! I love the candles!

    And as far as the cinematography of the Graduate, you are right! The shot where you see him standing there under her bent leg is used in so many films and tv shows. Plus, I love the use of Simon and Garfunkle throughout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want a smore now! This looks so fun--makes me even more happy that summer is here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an awesome idea! I love smores but loathe camping. I think I could handle doing it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So that's why my last indoor smores didn't turn out. Instead of an apple pie candle, I used a fresh linen candle, so my smores tasted like they had just come out of the wash.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for s'mores made in an apartment, ha. Looks fun. I love forts. They just bring out the creative side.

    ReplyDelete