I don't have a real job right now since I worked at a school and now school is out for the summer. But that's not for lack of trying. I've applied to almost 30 different places. Boo. I am, however, teaching a summer art class at a different elementary school. It's only an hour a day, Monday through Thursday for the month of June. But it's brought in a little money and it's keeping me somewhat busy. Plus I'm having fun with the kids.
Right now we are working on a paper mache project. It will (hopefully) look like this when we're done:

Tomorrow I'm going to have my students make people to put in the "baskets" of their hot air balloons. I made a sample Rex and a sample Molly to show them how to do it.

Hopefully my students have as much fun making their people as I did making mine!
I wish I had Sample Rex's cool t-shirt! It is awesome and reminds me of Harry Potter (solid stripes tend to do that nowadays).
ReplyDeleteThanks for making sample me have such great hair ;)
They may have as much fun but there is NO WAY that they will be as awesome as mini Rex and mini Molly. I think you're having just as much fun as the kids with the cool art projects you've come up with! Yay for a new job in August!
ReplyDeleteAt the end of the hot air balloon project are you going to put real hot air in the balloon and see if they fly? You should. Send mini Rex and mini Molly on an adventure that they'll remember forever.
ReplyDeleteCute mini people! I made me think of the drawings we used to do during american heritage. one of us would draw a squiggly line and the other would make something out of it. You're were always so much better than mine. Mine just made the squiggly line look worse! hahaha!
ReplyDelete