Monday, July 18, 2011

Harry Pottuh!

On Friday, July 15th at 12:01am, Rex and I watched the final movie in the Harry Potter series, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2." Since this was our last chance to attend a midnight premiere of Harry Potter, we decided to go out with a bang.


Rex dressed up like the character Remus Lupin...


And I went as Remus's wife, Nymphadora Tonks.


We threw these costumes together after trips to D.I., the mall, and our siblings' closets. We made the wands ourselves. We're cool like that.

Before staking out our spot at the Provo Towne Center theater, we made one critical stop to University Mall to get Rex a fake mustache. It really made all the difference.

We sat in the hallway of the theater for a good 3 hours before they let us find our seats. Then it was another 3 hours before the movie started. But the time went by quickly as we hung out with our friends, Jen and Jordan, played games, ate snacks, and observed all the crazy Harry Potter fanatics.



Jen made a fantastic Professor Trelawney and Jordan was a very convincing Harry!

The movie was amazing and we had a wonderful night with our friends, the real and the fictional!

6 comments:

  1. Hooray for Harry! That was a rippin' good time. Thanks for making our costumes all come together! You the wo-man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see it! We were on vacation this last week, so hopefully we'll get to see it this week! I heard it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys sure are "cool like that". Love Harry Potter and you guys, in that order. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are so cute. I have to admit that I'm a Harry Potter virgin, I've never seen a single one of the movies, but that might change here soon, especially seeing how much fun you had with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, how i love you! thanks for making the movie such a memorable one ;-* and seriously, you make the best tonks in the whole world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your costumes! Although, you know, those characters both die....

    Anyway, I think you two are awesome.

    ReplyDelete