Sunday, July 31, 2011

We're not moving, but sometimes we wish...

Recently we signed our contract for one more year at the beautiful Cambridge Court apartments in Provo. This means we're pretty much locked in until next August, which is when we'll be moving to California for grad school (fingers crossed).

I have also had a lot more free time as of late. I'm not taking classes for the summer and I just finished the GRE. As you can imagine, it feels strange not having some test looming over me. I am free to read and study whatever pleases me. This week I turned to scholarships. Hopefully some of them will work out and we'll have some money for this final year in school.

I just found out about a scholarship from Vacancy.com where I write a blog post about my ideal apartment as found on their site. Turns out they had an awesome one to use. Let me explain:

THIS APARTMENT is pretty much perfection in Provo. I love that it has two bedrooms at the price we pay for a single bedroom. There's a breakfast nook for crying out loud. Who doesn't want a breakfast nook?

Anyway, I'll give you some examples of what I would do in this apartment, were it my own (to share with my beautiful wife Molly).
  • While lounging in the living room, we would sip sweet cocoa in front of the roaring fire.
  • I would cook pancakes in the kitchen, then bring them to the breakfast nook. We would sit and enjoy our eats with a view of the outdoors.
  • Being located south of BYU campus means Molly and I could enjoy the highlights of downtown Provo at a moments notice.
  • Sneaking silently, I would surprise Molly on the staircase.
The only other thing we could ask for is an olympic sized swimming pool and it would be complete.

I think you get the message. I would sure love this apartment. Thanks Vacancy.com for helping me realize how nice it could be to live somewhere else ;)

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have great plans for that apartment. Good luck with the scholarships!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, now I really wish we had a fireplace. And a breakfast nook. Especially a breakfast nook. As it is I hardly know where to eat my breakfast... :\

    Nice post, hun! I hope you get the scholarship. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly, I eat my breakfast on the couch. It's usually cereal, so I can cart it anywhere in the house I need to. :) P.S. Can i just say how much i LOVE this font?! and the beach theme! it makes me wish I was moving back to California NOW. I have a lot more random things to say, but I will resist, since this is a blog comment where everyone can see it. Let's hang out and chat/exchange recipes/eat good food/chill/whatev. ok? I'll text you.

    ReplyDelete