Thursday: Haley got here in the afternoon and that night we went to Color Me Mine. Haley painted a dragon piggy bank (well, I guess it's just a "dragon bank"), I painted a a light switch cover for our bathroom and a Gryffindor mug, and Rex painted a robot mug.
Friday: We had lunch at Costco, went to Blickenstaff's and the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, and had dinner at Winger's.
Saturday: We got yummy burgers at Fuddruckers (careful how you say it), wandered around the Gateway mall in Salt Lake (Haley and I got matching key chains that say "2 Peas in a Pod." Tender!), went to Rex's friend's wedding reception, then saw "Larry Crowne" at a $3 theater we recently discovered in Pleasant Grove.
Sunday: After church we all made dinner together. We had chicken spaghetti, garlic bread, and zucchini with cheese sauce. After dinner, Haley and I made Peanut Butter Chocolate Bacon Bars for dessert. Sounds crazy, right? They turned out really good, but none of us could really taste the bacon. Perhaps we'll have to add more next time! :)
Monday: Haley flew back to Fresno today. We said a tearful goodbye at the Salt Lake airport. OK, so no one really cried, but we were sad to see her go. Thanks again for visiting, Haley! We love you!
Hooray for a visit from Haley!!! It was a lot of fun. PS Everyone should notice that I dressed up to say goodbye to Haley. Or to go to work...
ReplyDeleteWow! You guys had a great better weekend. I got sick Friday and never even left the house on Sunday. I'm glad she had the chance to come and visit. I know it was good for both you (guys) and her.
ReplyDeleteIt wasn't suppose to post before I was done editing. You guys had a great weekend. Not a great better weekend. :/
ReplyDeleteI love how almost every picture has food in it! gotta love food! thanks for letting me visit, I had a lot of fun! It was a nice distraction for me!
ReplyDelete