I gotta say, I was kinda getting used to not working. Sleeping in, exercising, watching Law and Order, practicing the piano, basically doing whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted... It was nice, I'm not gonna lie.
But please don't think I'm lazy! I applied to probably 100 different jobs over the summer. I'm not even exaggerating. No one wanted to hire me, though. Darn. ;) So I made the best of my free time and grew to enjoy being unemployed.
But, despite my love of freedom, I am REALLY liking my new job!
I am working at a charter school that is K-8th grade. I am an aide in a 2nd grade classroom. The first day of school was on Wednesday, and it has been a fantastic 3 days! I like the teacher I work with, the hours are awesome, and 2nd graders are pretty darn cute. Here's to a great school year!
Elementary school kids can be so much fun. I'm glad you are enjoying your placement and hope it continues to be a good year. I'm feeling you on the transition though, having the summer off has made being back in a schedule ROUGH!
ReplyDeleteHooray for an awesome new job! I'm so happy for you! I think you should take a picture with your new class soon so everyone can see how cute those little guys are.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are liking it! Which teacher are you with? You probably have a lot of my little first graders from last year. Do you have a Cameron? He was one of my favs.
ReplyDeleteThis year will fly by especially if you love your job. Before you know it you and Rex will be back in California. Enjoy the kids. I think 7 year olds are pretty special!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed the unemployed life for much, much longer than you and I concur--it is really so great! Even better that you are starting up a job you like so much. I can't wait to hear fun stories!
ReplyDelete