Monday, October 31, 2011

Harry Potter + Disney = An Awesome Halloween!

Last Friday was our ward Halloween party. Rex and I dressed up as Nymphadora Tonks and Remus Lupin from the "Harry Potter" series. It was easy since we already had the outfits ready, as you can tell from the main picture on our blog. (We dressed up like these characters over the summer when we saw "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" .)

Anyway, the party was at this massive house in Lindon (I seriously thought it was a hotel) in the gym that was connected to the house (think cultural hall, only nicer). At the end of the night, the man who owns the house gave the lucky few of us who were still present a tour of the mansion. It was beyond incredible! I can't decide what was my favorite part, though. I think it's a tie between the pirate ship play room and the fact that we actually found one of the secret passageways. :)

Tonight we went to a Halloween party with 4 other couples in our ward. We had fun dressing up, eating yummy food, and engaging in good conversation. My mom and sister bought these cool aprons for us when they went to Disneyland a while back. All we had to do to complete the costumes was make mouse ears and borrow a red shirt from my good friend, Natalie. Voila! Mickey and Minnie costumes that didn't cost us a penny!

Side note: I don't know if you can tell, but Rex and I are much thinner in our more recent Lupin and Tonks photo. We've lost a total of 43 pounds between us since the end of July. Woo-hoo!

5 comments:

  1. Hooray for free costumes and friends! And hooray for Halloween! I'm glad you were in charge of the second round of costumes because I probably would've just shown up dressed like a bum. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to admit the aprons are way cool! And how could you ever loose being characters from Harry Potter?! The 43 pounds is quite an accomplishment. Be proud, and go for a walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great. thanks for the shout-out. =] We definitely did nothing for the second halloween in a row, but I'm kinda ok with that. I'm glad your disney costumes turned out so well for you guys. you looked great! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your costumes! I especially like the Disney costumes, they're really cute!

    ReplyDelete