My husband defended my honor today.
I took Rex to school this morning. I usually drop him off by a building that has a "drop off zone" at the curb. We pulled through the parking lot and this car in front of us just stopped. Instead of dropping off their passenger at the curb, they decided to hold up traffic and do it right there. The passenger decided to carry on a conversation with the driver after getting out of the car.
I honked at him. Maybe that was a little rude, but hello? He was being SO inconsiderate. He knew we were sitting there. I can't stand people who have that sense of entitlement. They don't have to pull up to the curb because for some reason they are more special than the rest of us. The guy just stared at me, then continued his conversation with the driver.
When the car finally drove off, I approached the curb to let Rex out. The guy that got out of the car flipped me off. Wow, super cool, ESPECIALLY on BYU campus. Rex got out of the car so fast, I didn't even realize what was going on. He ran after the guy, calling for his attention. I just sat in the car, my heart pounding. Oh my gosh, my husband's getting into a fight right now.
Rex came back to the car in probably less than a minute. It felt like a lot longer to me. He didn't have any blood on him, so I took that as I good sign. He told me he went up to the guy and said, "Hey, you just flipped off my wife and that's not OK. She only honked because you guys were supposed to pull up to the curb." The guy never even looked at Rex. He just kept walking away as Rex was talking toward him. Tough guy can put up his middle finger, but he can't face my husband.
And that's that. I've never had someone defend my honor like that before. Rex is a stud. And I'm a lucky girl.
A great big shout out for Rex! He's my hero. I am so pleased that he would defend my daughter that way!
ReplyDeleteAww. Rex is cool. You're cool too. Together, you're super cool.
ReplyDeleteThat's cute he did that! But I think he should have shoved him! you know, like rushed him from behind! since he wasn't looking the guy would have gone down HARD!
ReplyDeleteYa it got pretty crazy. I wasn't looking to get into a fight, but come on. Flipping someone off, especially my wife, on BYU campus? Not acceptable.
ReplyDeleteYay for Rex! Maybe he has a cape hidden in his backpack and when he SAYS he's at school, he's actually off fighting off ruffians and thugs and saving Provo one day at a time. If that's the case, there's one more reason why you HAVE to come back to Fresno!
ReplyDelete