Okay, I thought I would get to bed early, but I really needed to post this.
I think everyone has a part of their brain that tells them the world revolves around them. Think "The Truman Show." Below you'll find clips from two of my favorite movies showing this exact idea. The main characters in these movies are just that, main, the focus of everything. I don't wish that everyone was watching me, and I certainly don't envy these two men, but I think it's brilliant writing to pinpoint this fantasy and play off of it. See if you don't feel a little giddy watching these scenes.
It's a secret dream of mine to start dancing in public and have strangers join in (everyone knowing the same choreography, of course). And if a cartoon animal or 2 made an appearance, I could die right then and there because my life would be complete. :)
ReplyDeleteWow! I didn't know that kind of stuff happened to other people. Several times since I moved to the Central Valley I've had the same type of experience as the one in 500 days of summer, usually when I've been downtown Fresno taking care of business!
ReplyDelete