Here's how our conversation went:
M: [pushing my shoulder]
R: What's up hun?
M: Well if you're not going to say anything about it, forget it.
R: I don't know what you're talking about. What's wrong?
M: [Frustrated] Ugh. I asked you this evening to call everyone we made treats for and tell them we didn't have enough stuff to make ten, so we made eight.
R: [Totally confused] Okay, I'm sorry.
Pretty quickly after this, Molly actually woke up. It sure was funny finding out that Sleeping Molly had wanted me to call our friends to tell them we didn't have enough stuff to make them ten treats.
The hard part is recognizing when Sleeping Molly became Awake Molly. It was tricky, but luckily we all got back to sleep and had a good laugh about it in the morning...the later morning.
I remember those days.....Molly has always talked in her sleep and when she was much younger (between 2 and 6) she had night terrors. I would be woken up with her in her bed crying hysterically. Once I went in to her she calmed down almost immediately. It was just a trick.....she was still asleep. I would go back to my room only to have her start all over again. I quickly realized I had to get her fully awake, not just talking to me. Once she was fully awake I could leave her room and she'd go back to sleep for the rest of the night. It is pretty difficult sometimes to tell the talking "asleep" Molly from the talking "awake" Molly. Congratulations you seem to be doing a great job of deciphering which is which.
ReplyDeleteI love sleep talking stories. My husband talks in his sleep all the time. My favorite was when he yelled "Mazel Tov" really loud.
ReplyDeleteI love it when people talk in their sleep. This is hilarious hahaha!
ReplyDeleteHa this is fantastic.
ReplyDeleteHaha that's funny. I hope my future husband talks in his sleep.
ReplyDeleteI've talked to you in my sleep before, but I don't think I've ever (before last night) woken you up just so I could pick a fight. Sorry. :\
ReplyDelete