Maybe most couples don't celebrate their half anniversaries, but it's convenient for us because they fall on Valentine's Day. Rex claims he planned that, but I gently remind him that he is not the one who set our wedding date.
Anyway, our celebration of love started a few days back...
Last Saturday Rex came home from work with flowers and chocolates. It was a great surprise! That afternoon we went to Color Me Mine and made each other mugs. I painted an argyle mug for Rex and he painted a mug that says, "Rex loves me."
I usually get stressed out at Color Me Mine because I want my projects to turn out just right. This might sound bad, but I was more relaxed painting the mug for Rex. It's not that I didn't want it to turn out well, I just knew that no matter what, he would love it. And I gotta say, it did turn out pretty cute. Both the mugs did! After Color Me Mine we made mini pizzas for dinner.
The morning of Valentine's Day, Rex and I exchanged gifts (not our mugs, they weren't done yet). We'd decided that in addition to going to Color Me Mine, we would make each other gifts that cost little to nothing. I made Rex a book out of a deck of cards entitled "52 Reasons I Love You." I also made him a card on Shutterfly.
Rex made me this sweet video:
Anyway, our celebration of love started a few days back...
Last Saturday Rex came home from work with flowers and chocolates. It was a great surprise! That afternoon we went to Color Me Mine and made each other mugs. I painted an argyle mug for Rex and he painted a mug that says, "Rex loves me."
I usually get stressed out at Color Me Mine because I want my projects to turn out just right. This might sound bad, but I was more relaxed painting the mug for Rex. It's not that I didn't want it to turn out well, I just knew that no matter what, he would love it. And I gotta say, it did turn out pretty cute. Both the mugs did! After Color Me Mine we made mini pizzas for dinner.

The morning of Valentine's Day, Rex and I exchanged gifts (not our mugs, they weren't done yet). We'd decided that in addition to going to Color Me Mine, we would make each other gifts that cost little to nothing. I made Rex a book out of a deck of cards entitled "52 Reasons I Love You." I also made him a card on Shutterfly.

Rex made me this sweet video:
That night, we planned on eating dinner at Outback and seeing the movie "The Vow." That's what we PLANNED on doing. What we ended up doing was eating at Zupa's and watching the latest episode of "Once Upon a Time" on hulu. (We got to Outback at 4:45pm and the wait was an hour and a half.) :\ Oh well!

Although the night did not go as expected, we had a wonderful time together.
Happy Valentine's Day!
Yeah, that was a pretty awesome night despite the lack of actual planning that went into it. I'm glad you enjoyed it :) P.S. Thanks for my gift!
ReplyDeleteYou two are adorable. I loved randomly seeing you at In N Out. We'll see you when we get back! Yeah!
ReplyDeleteGlad you two had so much fun. It's nice that you can celebrate your time together not once, but twice a year!
ReplyDeleteHow presh! That is the lazy and cool way to say "precious." Some people find it offensive. I find it liberating in the way that George Washington crossed the Delaware. Although, I think that if Georgie ever found out I compared that moment to the word presh he might chop down more than a cherry tree.
ReplyDeleteThat's so cute! I love your mugs!
ReplyDelete