Thursday, August 16, 2012

Dos Años

Rex and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary by spending the night on the coast. We left Monday morning and drove to Pismo where we
- enjoyed the best clam chowder in the world at Splash Cafe!
- walked along the pier at Pismo and saw a bunch of dolphins swimming together! (The pictures didn't really turn out so you'll just have to take my word for it.)


After exploring Pismo Beach, we went to San Luis Obispo (or Slo to the natives) where we
- walked around the shops downtown.
- saw the famous bubble gum alley. (It was disgusting and pretty stinky.)


We checked into our cute hotel in Morro Bay in the afternoon. The room was really nice and even came with complementary robes. (You KNOW we put those on as soon as we found them!) After relaxing in the room for a bit we
- had fish tacos and calamari at a place called Rocca's.
- went in to all of the cool shops.
- just had fun relaxing by the bay.



Tuesday was pretty uneventful.  After eating breakfast and driving through some coastal towns, we headed home. We had a great trip!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great trip! Glad you two had f...wait a second. I was there! And it WAS fun!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun weekend! I love that Rex comments on your posts... his comments make me laugh. Miss you both! Hopefully see you at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun trip! Glad i got to see some pictures of it and glad you two got to take it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 2 years! My Grandma lives up in Santa Maria by all those places. I've been anxious to take a trip there soon, now I'm even more anxious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two years, really? It seems like just the other day. In fact I think is was just as hot 2 years ago as it is today. Glad you had the opportunity to go the coast and enjoy some cool weather.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hooray! we're so glad you got to enjoy the weekend together ;-*

    ReplyDelete