My ultrasound was originally scheduled for this Thursday, but when I woke up this morning I decided, "I wanna know now!" Rex got home late last night from a business trip, so his boss told him he could work from home today. I didn't have to go to work because the school I work at took today as a "Furlough Day." Anyway, I was able to get my appointment switched around so we went in this morning. So exciting to finally know!
We've already decided on a name for the little one. She is going be Alice Jane Biberston. We both just really like the name Alice (we're not naming her after Alice in Wonderland or Alice from Twilight, or any other Alice for that matter) and Jane was my dad's mom's middle name.
Here's an update on my pregnancy (I stole the idea from my friend, Laura's blog):
How Far Along: 20 weeks today
Gender: Chica!
Size of the Baby: 6.5 in. (head to booty), 10.5 oz.
Best Moment of the Week: Obviously today was great because we found out the gender. Last Thursday was awesome too, because that's the first time we felt her move. When Rex got home from work that day I downed some cold water to get her to wriggle around some more. It was so cool for both of us to be able to feel her!
Movement: I've always heard that most women describe the first baby movement they feel as a "flutter." I would describe it more like little bubbles inside of me.
Food Cravings: Nothing out of the ordinary.
Queasiness: None, thank goodness. I felt pretty nauseous during my first trimester, but I never threw up. Since I've been in my second trimester it's been easy sailing.
What I Miss: Salami. Before I got pregnant I didn't know pregnant women aren't supposed to eat lunch meat.
What I Am Looking Forward To: Seeing what she looks like. Blue eyes? Brown eyes? Blond hair? Brown hair?
Nursery: We haven't done anything yet to prepare our second bedroom. Now that we know she's a girl, though, we can go to town!




Yeah!!!! I love the name!
ReplyDeleteHooray for Alice! And hooray for the super cool technology that lets us see her before she comes out!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad everything is going so well with our little runt :)
Have to say, I like the way she's coming along! So much more photogenic at 20 weeks than at 7 or 12. Can't wait to meet the little one!
ReplyDelete¡Felicidades! Though when I saw the title "Oh, boy..." my first thought was, "They're probably having a girl!"
ReplyDeleteBut seriously, congratulations!
So cool!
ReplyDeleteSorry I'm so late on this, but YAY!!! I'm so excited for you two!
ReplyDelete