Monday, February 11, 2013

It's Raining Babies!

My sister, Haley, threw me an awesome baby shower last weekend! Here are the way fun activities she planned:

  • She made a calendar and had the guests put a stamp on the date they predict Alice will be born. They signed the date and whoever is correct will get a prize once Alice makes her debut. 
  • All the guests (even the ones who were unable to make it) filled out "Wishes for Alice." They each put their own answers to the following prompts:
    • I hope that you:
    • I hope you aren't afraid:
    • I hope you love:
    • I hope you get:
    • I hope you laugh:
    • I hope you never forget:
    • I hope you ignore:
    • I hope you become:
    • I hope you respect:
    • I hope you grow:
         Rex and I also filled out "Wishes for Alice." It was fun to read all the responses!
  • Haley passed around a spool of ribbon and the guests had to cut off a piece that they thought would fit around my enormous belly.
  • We played a game where we had to guess baby names for girls and boys. For example, one of the clues for a girl's name was "The first month of summer" (June). 
  • We played another game where we had to come up with baby related things starting with each letter of the alphabet. 

In addition to the fun games, we had some yummy treats and I got to open all the great presents for Alice. That girl is already spoiled. :) Can't wait to meet her and use all our new stuff! Thanks to everyone for showing their love and support!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! It was sooo fun! Can't wait for baby Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...I bet it was fun. ;) At least I got to enjoy the treats and all the presents! Now for the new dad party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fabulous! Love that baby bump. Looks like you had such a fun shower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a "new dad" party? If you want a really good one, have Haley plan it, she did a great job with the shower. We had so much good food,(thanks Haley,Candace, Jill, Allysa, and Stefanie) fun games, and great people. Alice made out like a bandit with all the cute things people got her.

    ReplyDelete