Saturday, May 11, 2013

Texcapades, Part 2: Eat at Joe's

You know you're married to a summer salesman when seeing your husband walk through the door before 10pm is cause for celebration. A couple days ago, Rex was able to come home a little earlier than usual, so we went out to eat at Joe's Crab Shack. (I even wore something other than basketball shorts; that's how special the occasion was.)

Neither of us had ever been to Joe's, and, to my knowledge, I had never had crab legs before. It was so fun! Definitely not your typical dining experience. We enjoyed ourselves, but I'd say Alice was the most excited to be there. ;)

So, remember those blank walls in our apartment? Well, they're not all blank anymore! I get emails from Better Homes and Gardens and in a recent email from them they had this idea. These paper pinwheels were super easy! In the directions they say to use glue, but I just used a stapler and it made them that much easier to make! 


I also wanted to put up some pictures. I saw an idea on pinterest where you hang pictures from string with clothespins inside of an empty frame. Did you know empty frames are flippin' expensive? So, I decided to just hang the pictures right on the wall. I really like how the wall turned out. What do you think?


And, to finish off the post, some cute pictures of Alice! Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. So adorable! I JUST did the picture banner in our bedroom! Glad you're making yourself a cute home!
    Nicholle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute way to cover a wall. Love the pinwheels and hanging pictures. I love Alice's fuzzy hair the most! She is pretty darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alice is so smiley! Yay for smiley babies. I think your decor is great- makes the place much more homey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your apartment is looking great, I love the decorations! And Alice is always so adorable!

    ReplyDelete