Last week, my brother, my mom, and I put up the Christmas lights on our house. As you can see, the peak of the roof is pretty high over the garage, and we were having difficulty getting the lights up there because our ladder didn't quite reach. Finally we worked out a system which involved Eric getting up on the roof and leaning over the edge, holding onto the strand of lights, while I got on the highest rung of the ladder (ok, so probably not the highest, but it was scary) and used the staple gun at an awkward angle, hoping not to shoot it up in Eric's face. My mom held the ladder steady for me, which was quite a feat since I think she was nauseated with worry and about to pass out at any minute. We would've liked to put some lights on the dormer windows, but I think we've done enough life-risking for one year.
The best part about the whole experience would have to be the little old lady who lives next door. While we were trying to figure out the best way to get the lights up, she was wandering around her front yard aimlessly. When she caught sight of what we were attempting, she grabbed a lawn chair from her porch, and, with no shame (ahem, Mallory), pointed it toward our house. She sat down facing us and proceeded to watch, occasionally putting her hand over her mouth in shock. It was pretty awesome. I wonder what she would’ve done had one of us fallen…
I don't know what she would have done if one of you had fallen but I probably would have passed out and not been any help to either one of you. Hopefully, the little old lady (who doesn't speak a bit of English) does know how to dial 911 if we ever need it in the future.
ReplyDeleteNo shame, no shame. Haha oh yes, I got a personal shout out! And it will always be funny when you reference that moment, always. And might I add how impressed I am that you put up those lights! Bravo!
ReplyDeleteYou all should do what this guy did and see how long the little old lady sits out there and watches. P-)
ReplyDeletehttp://wtfcalls.net/reddit/xmas_light_wtf.php
The lights look great! I hope we can see you over the Christmas break while Kylie is home!
ReplyDelete