
It reminded me of a time on my mission when I figured out that I spent ninety percent of my walking time looking down. To explain, Chilean sidewalks are notoriously broken and uneven so it's hard not to trip if you don't watch where you're going. You're also likely to step in dog poop. It's everywhere. But in that moment of clarity I saw the beauty that I was missing out on by focusing so much on what was right in front of my feet.
Obviously this has eternal implications, but I don't want to get into that. I just hope that I can remember to keep my head up and my eyes open. I don't want to miss the bigger picture. Give it a shot, I'm sure you'll like what you see more often than not.
Looking down is common in Utah, too, I expect, due to the crappy snow-damaged sidewalks. But I will try to look up more. To quote Coldplay: "We live in a beautiful world. (Yeah we do, yeah we do.)"
ReplyDelete