Saturday, October 1, 2011

False Advertising

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. For example:
The "Eat Whatever You Want And Lose 100 Pounds a Day" Diet
Ok, so that's a bit of an exaggeration, but the commercial makes some pretty outrageous claims. There are all kinds of programs like this that appeal to people who don't want to have to do anything to look like a supermodel. Here's another fun one:
Create A Six-Pack While Sitting On Your Lazy Butt
Yep, it doesn't get much better than that. You literally do nothing but buy their product and you get rock hard abs. Molly and I bought seven of them. Now I have toned legs, arms, and even neck. Don't put it on your face though, because you'll get rippling muscles in unwanted places.

Well, the reason these things bother me is that weight loss boils down to one simple question: are you consuming more calories every day than you are burning?

It's been three months since Molly and I started the Special K diet, then went on to use a web site called LoseIt.com. We've lost weight and felt much healthier, but it hasn't been easy. It's taken self control and determination.

Few good things in life come easily, though. If it's something worth having, be it a healthy body, a higher income, or even a better relationship with your Heavenly Father, it's going to take work. So don't try to reach your goals without taking a step; find joy in the journey. We have, and we'll keep at it.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome job you guys!! I am sad I fell off the bandwagon and gave into my overwhelming desire to eat chocolate after each meal but thanks for being an example. We will have to plan active stuff to do when you come visit (although there will definitely still be treats- I can't help myself).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commend you guys for sticking with the LoseIt.com diet. Personally I'm having really good luck staying on the C-food diet. You should both be proud of the work you're putting in and the results you're seeing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so awesome! Thanks for your encouragement and support. I couldn't do it without you!

    ReplyDelete